Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yes, I'm still here.

I know I haven't posted in awhile, but I've been reprimanded for it, so I'll do my best to keep up! Allison is doing really well overall. I've noticed some positive attachment behaviors and we make good progress everyday.

We've mastered the sippy cup. She's slowly trying new foods, just not any fruits or veggies yet, but I hope that will come in time. I'm wondering if they fed her tons of fruit in the orphanage because she completely shuns it just like she shuns anything that resembles congee (porridge-like stuff). The boys think it's totally disgusting that she eats hard-boiled eggs and shrimp!

As far as her personality goes, she is so NOT a morning person. We have to wake her up every morning otherwise she would sleep until noon. What's funny is that she gets progressively happier as the day goes on, so by evening she is quite a sassy little one. Then at bedtime it's like a party in her crib. She will play for an hour in her crib before she falls asleep. This bedtime behavior is a recent development and I'm not sure what to make of it yet, so we'll see if it continues.

The boys are doing so good with Allison and she adores her big brothers! They can't wait to get all the Christmas stuff out and get a tree and I'm wondering where the heck am I going to fit a tree in this shrinking house? The holidays have totally sneaked up on me - maybe because we missed Halloween and I'm wondering where the heck October went. Oh well, at least we had some decent November weather. Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment